Friday 23 July 2010

Roman casualties

Two trays of casualty markers: dead Romans, the finest kind.  They are Wargames Factory plastics that I picked up at Wappinshaw - a damaged box of them for £10.00.  I've been curious for a while about these guys, and decided that they would make good casualties for my Republican Romans.  The only real difference is that they have helmet crests instead of feathers, but for dead 'uns, they'll do very nicely.  I've painted up six for each legion, using the same shield designs.  All I did was chop off the bases, something that's a lot easier to do with plastic.
The third photo shows another batch of the same figures.  For these, I used the rub-on transfers that come with the box.  I've never used them  before, and I reckoned that I would mess them up; I was right.  But then again, casualties should have mangled shields, so I wasn't too bothered.  These four will do for the Bruttians who fought for Hannibal at Zama.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I am always looking for ideas on casulaties. Your site is always a home run. I guess that is way I follow it so much.
    VR
    James Mattes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, James, thanks for looking. One guy has suggested combining these with dial markers from the Dial Dude:

    http://the-d-d.net/

    ReplyDelete